Thursday, July 1, 2010

Letter Twenty Five: The person you know that is going through the worst of times

Dearest best friend,
Well here you have it, the truth is, I really don't have any words to compensate for the way you're probably feeling at the moment. There's no way that I could try to understand the predicament you're in, and I have no right to tell you that everything will be perfectly fine. I'm not going to sit here and ask you to get it together, and tell you some bullshit lies. But I will tell you this, the pain will never subside. These gaps won't ever fill themselves and the emotional wound that you've gotten will always remain fresh. It won't ever scab over and fall off like a physical wound will. It will always be there. And believe me when I say this, I will be here to listen, as long as you need me, day and night. I'll be there to help you cope, help you remember. I'll be here to help you overcome any obstacle that has caused you pain. So here I will say, share with me all your burdens.
I love you, stay up, your bestfriend.